Well, well. Picofarad has made it as far issue #15. It's found a regular spot in my life, figured out some things that work and some that don't, and feels like it's reached the advanced age where it needs to sit up straight and start acting a little more like a proper grownup fanzine. So there are a few-- not changes, really, but acknowledgements of what is:
- Having settled in at four issues a year, they're going to start being called Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall rather than by the month they're published, though publication dates will still appear on the Web site.
- The publication time for the next issue will be included regularly-- with the other usual info on the back cover of printed editions, and after the contents in the online one.
- Online availability will be announced via the efanzines.com mailing list. Yes, the list is run via Yahoo!, but you don't have to create an account with Yahoo! to subscribe. I'll also keep making announcements on rec.arts.sf.fandom.
- I've decided I like "Echoes" as the name of the letters column, so that'll be its name from now on.
- "Really Good Books" was always intended to continue as a semi-regular department, and so it'll be making a return next issue.
Which means I need to figure out where I put my copy of The Further Adventures of Halley's Comet now, and also locate a copy of Ivanhoe... so enjoy the latest issue for now, and I hope I and Picofarad #16 will be seeing some of you at Corflu!
Next: The Encounter Log